USA: SKW Trostberg and Degussa-Hüls complete merger
SKW Trostberg and Degussa-Hüls have successfully merged, forming Degussa AG. The merger of the two companies, completed February 9, 2001, makes the new Degussa the largest specialty chemical company in the world. The 206 million shares of Degussa were available for trade on the Frankfurt stock exchange beginning February 19. Degussa reports a work force of 63,000 employees in over 100 countries throughout the world, with 1999 earnings of approximately 6.7 billion USD.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry