USA: SKW Trostberg and Degussa-Hüls complete merger
SKW Trostberg and Degussa-Hüls have successfully merged, forming Degussa AG. The merger of the two companies, completed February 9, 2001, makes the new Degussa the largest specialty chemical company in the world. The 206 million shares of Degussa were available for trade on the Frankfurt stock exchange beginning February 19. Degussa reports a work force of 63,000 employees in over 100 countries throughout the world, with 1999 earnings of approximately 6.7 billion USD.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units