NETHERLANDS: Sligro acquires EM-TE Supermarkten
Dutch food wholesaler Sligro Beheer revealed earlier today [Friday] that it has completed its €35m (US$30.8m) takeover of co-patriot supermarket chain EM-TE Supermarkten, which was announced on 16 April. According to local newspaper De Financiele Telegraaf, the 11-outlet strong EM-TE Supermarkten employs 512 people full time and posted a turnover of €103m and a net profit of €4m in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant