NETHERLANDS: Sligro sees FY sales rise, completes Van Oers buy
- Net sales up 1.9%
- Like-for-like sales grow 1.9%
Sligro sales grow
Dutch supermarket operator and wholesaler Sligro has survived a fourth-quarter slowdown to report a 2% lift in full-year sales.
For the 12 months to the end of December, Sligro said today (2 January) that net sales increased by 1.9% on 2011, to EUR2.47bn (US$3.28bn). Both the foodservice business and the firm's smaller food retail arm drove sales.
However, while like-for-like sales also rose by 1.9%, this represented a slowdown from a growth rate of 3.7% in the previous year.
For the fourth quarter, like-for-like sales were flat against the same period of 2011, with overall net sales up by just 0.2% for the three-month period.
Sligro said it will publish full results figures on 24 January. It also announced that "all formalities" have been completed in its acquisition of Van Oers, which will be integrated into the Sligro delivery-service infrastructure in the first half of 2013.
Sligro Food Group posts € 2,467 million sales in 2012
Sligro Food Group N.V.’s sales in 2012 amounted to € 2,467 million, an increase of € 47 million
or 1.9% compared with sales in 2011 of € 2,420 million.
Total sales are analysed as follows (€ million):
The Group’s organic sales growth and like-for-like sales growth can be analysed as follows (in %):
Sligro Food Group also gives notice that all formalities have been completed regarding the acquisition of the wholesale
activities of Van Oers, which was announced on 13 November. These activities will be gradually integrated into Sligro
Food Group’s existing delivery-service infrastructure during the first half of 2013 and will thenceforth be for Sligro Food
Group’s account and risk.
Sligro Food Group’s full-year figures for 2012 will be published on 24 January 2013 before start of trading.
Veghel, 2 January 2013
On behalf of the Executive Board of Sligro Food Group N.V.
Original source: http://www.sligrofoodgroup.com/press/pressreleases/Documents/1047415_SligroNV_Persbericht_2013_ENG.pdf
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- General Mills to work on artificial ingredients
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020