USA: Slim-Fast Voluntarily Initiates Recall on Limited Codes of Ready-To-Drink Milk-Based Liquid Shakes
Slim-Fast Foods Company is voluntarily recalling the limited codes listed below of Ultra Slim-Fast Ready-To-Drink Milk-Based Liquid Shakes. This product may present a low risk of temporary gastrointestinal sickness, and should not be consumed. Five consumers have reported temporary gastrointestinal symptoms. The risk of serious adverse health consequences is remote. The cause of this situation has been fully investigated and corrected. Product being recalled was manufactured under the following codes which appear on the bottom of the can: 11oz Can Code Flavor of Ready-To-Drink Milk-Based Liquid ShakesETCD0138E Cappuccino Delight ETCD0142E Cappuccino Delight ETMC0125E Creamy Milk Chocolate ETMC0138E Creamy Milk Chocolate ETMC0142E Creamy Milk Chocolate ETAS0125E Strawberries 'N Cream ETAS0140E Strawberries 'N Cream ETAS0141E Strawberries 'N Cream Letters or numbers following the codes listed above should be disregarded. No other Slim-Fast products are included in this recall. "Our primary concern is always for the health of our consumers who rely on the Slim-Fast brand to meet their dietary and nutritional needs," stated Marc Covent, Slim-Fast president. "We believe the voluntary recall of this product is in the best interest of our consumers." Slim-Fast is working with the U. S. Food and Drug Administration in implementing this voluntary national recall and has notified all affected distributors and retail customers. Consumers who have purchased the product carrying the codes listed above should return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact Slim-Fast's Hot Line toll-free at (877) 424-4180. Media inquiries should be directed to John Gould, Director, Corporate Affairs, at (212) 906-4694.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report