USA: Smart & Final extends supply deal with Unified Western Grocers
US food wholesaler Smart & Final has extended its existing agreement with Unified Western Grocers to supply Smart & Final's stores in the Pacific Northwest and portions of northern California.
The agreement between the companies extends the supply arrangement to November 2008, with an additional two year extension option, the company said.
Under the agreement, UWG will continue to supply selected stores with various food products, perishables and dry goods as well as provide certain support services to Smart & Final's cash and carry format stores. Smart & Final operates 48 cash and carry stores in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and northern California.
"Smart & Final is pleased to continue our long standing relationship with Unified Western Grocers," said Smart & Final CEO Etienne Snollaerts. "Working together, we have been able to support the growth of the cash and carry format stores and carefully control distribution costs. We look forward to continuing our mutual growth in the years ahead."
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report