USA: Smith & Wollensky says sales up in August
New York-based high-end, high-volume restaurant chain Smith & Wollensky Restaurant Group has reported increased sales for the fiscal month of August 2002. Total owned restaurant sales for the four weeks ended 26 August increased 16% from the corresponding period last year. Comparable owned restaurant sales for the month were up 3.3% from a year ago. For the first two months of the Q3, the company's total owned restaurant sales of US$10.1m rose 15.7% from US$8.7m for the prior year, while comparable owned restaurant sales of US$9m were up 3.1% from US$8.7m in the prior year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods