USA: Smith & Wollensky says sales up in August
New York-based high-end, high-volume restaurant chain Smith & Wollensky Restaurant Group has reported increased sales for the fiscal month of August 2002. Total owned restaurant sales for the four weeks ended 26 August increased 16% from the corresponding period last year. Comparable owned restaurant sales for the month were up 3.3% from a year ago. For the first two months of the Q3, the company's total owned restaurant sales of US$10.1m rose 15.7% from US$8.7m for the prior year, while comparable owned restaurant sales of US$9m were up 3.1% from US$8.7m in the prior year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO