USA: Smithfield enters refrigerated entree category
SMITHFIELD, Va. - Smithfield Packing Co. is entering the nearly $1 billion refrigerated entree category, bringing healthy, high-quality products to the growing Heat & Serve category and implementing the first steps of an aggressive branding strategy. The four fully cooked, refrigerated Smithfield Lean Generation Entrees include two pork and two beef items—the beef entrees signaling another first for the world's largest vertically integrated pork processor.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti