USA: Smithfield Foods announces Chinese venture With Artal
SMITHFIELD, Va./PRNewswire/ -- Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD - news) announced today that it has entered into an agreement with Artal Holland B.V. for a joint venture in AFG Company Limited, located in the Guangdong Province of the Peoples Republic of China. The company produces, sells and distributes processed meats products to retail and food service customers in China under the Maverick and Haslett brands. Established in 1998, the company has processed meats revenues of approximately $8.5 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report