USA: Smithfield Foods announces Chinese venture With Artal
SMITHFIELD, Va./PRNewswire/ -- Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD - news) announced today that it has entered into an agreement with Artal Holland B.V. for a joint venture in AFG Company Limited, located in the Guangdong Province of the Peoples Republic of China. The company produces, sells and distributes processed meats products to retail and food service customers in China under the Maverick and Haslett brands. Established in 1998, the company has processed meats revenues of approximately $8.5 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- General Mills issues profit warning