USA: Smithfield Foods announces Chinese venture With Artal
SMITHFIELD, Va./PRNewswire/ -- Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD - news) announced today that it has entered into an agreement with Artal Holland B.V. for a joint venture in AFG Company Limited, located in the Guangdong Province of the Peoples Republic of China. The company produces, sells and distributes processed meats products to retail and food service customers in China under the Maverick and Haslett brands. Established in 1998, the company has processed meats revenues of approximately $8.5 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week