USA: Smithfield Foods earnings to exceed expectations in fourth quarter; board votes to increase shares in anticipation of stock split; company to acquire beef processor Moyer Packing
Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD) announced yesterday that earnings in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2001, which will end April 29, are expected to exceed $.85 per share, prior to unusual items, which is well above investor expectations. The company reported earnings of $.51 per share in the fourth quarter last year. In the fourth quarter the company will record unusual gains of about five cents per share on the sale of a processing plant in Canada and about three cents per share on the sale of IBP, inc. stock.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report