USA: Smithfield Foods Expects Sharply Higher First Quarter Earnings
Joseph W. Luter, III, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD - news) today issued the following statement: "Smithfield Foods is having an extremely strong first quarter. This strength in earnings is the result of our vertical integration strategy. As a result, I fully expect the Company will report at least a five-fold increase in earnings per share over the comparable period last year."Smithfield Foods reported fully diluted earnings per share of $.15 in the first quarter of fiscal year 2000. The Company's first quarter ends July 30, 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti