USA: Smithfield Foods honored for environmental stewardship
Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD) announced yesterday that Carroll's Foods, a Warsaw, North Carolina subsidiary of Smithfield Foods, Inc., has been recognized as the first livestock operation in the nation to receive the prestigious ISO 14001 environmental certification. ISO 14001 is a standard published by the International Organization for Standardization. It establishes a coordinated framework of controls to manage environmental protection in an organization.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses