USA: Smithfield Foods name Richard Goodman head of its new Smithfield Deli Group
Smithfield Foods, a major US hog processor, today announced the appointment of Richard T. Goodman as president of a newly-formed unit, Smithfield Deli Group. Goodman joins Smithfield Foods from the ASE Deli Company of ConAgra Foods, where he was executive VP and GM. The new Smithfield Deli Group will be dedicated solely to marketing to the retail deli trade, including new product development to broaden the deli product line and meet changing consumer needs. Goodman will work with Smithfield's independent operating companies to leverage the synergies of their brands and deli operations. He will be responsible for increasing services to existing customers and developing new strategic opportunities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report