USA: Smithfield Foods name Richard Goodman head of its new Smithfield Deli Group
Smithfield Foods, a major US hog processor, today announced the appointment of Richard T. Goodman as president of a newly-formed unit, Smithfield Deli Group. Goodman joins Smithfield Foods from the ASE Deli Company of ConAgra Foods, where he was executive VP and GM. The new Smithfield Deli Group will be dedicated solely to marketing to the retail deli trade, including new product development to broaden the deli product line and meet changing consumer needs. Goodman will work with Smithfield's independent operating companies to leverage the synergies of their brands and deli operations. He will be responsible for increasing services to existing customers and developing new strategic opportunities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat