USA: Smithfield Foods name Richard Goodman head of its new Smithfield Deli Group
Smithfield Foods, a major US hog processor, today announced the appointment of Richard T. Goodman as president of a newly-formed unit, Smithfield Deli Group. Goodman joins Smithfield Foods from the ASE Deli Company of ConAgra Foods, where he was executive VP and GM. The new Smithfield Deli Group will be dedicated solely to marketing to the retail deli trade, including new product development to broaden the deli product line and meet changing consumer needs. Goodman will work with Smithfield's independent operating companies to leverage the synergies of their brands and deli operations. He will be responsible for increasing services to existing customers and developing new strategic opportunities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre