USA: Smithfield Foods names C. Larry Pope president and chief operating officer
Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD) today announced a new, expanded management structure to facilitate the company's rapid growth. C. Larry Pope was named president and chief operating officer, effective October 29, 2001. Joseph W. Luter, III, chairman and chief executive officer, is relinquishing the title of president, which he previously held. Richard J.M. Poulson and Joseph W. Luter, IV, were named executive vice presidents.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast