USA: Smithfield Foods Reports Record First Quarter Earnings
Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD) today reported record net income of $44.6 million, or $.81 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2001. These results compare with $6.9 million, or $.15 per diluted share in the same quarter of fiscal 2000. Earnings for the current year represented a more than six-fold increase in net income and a more than five-fold increase in net income per share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods