USA: Smithfield Foods Reports Record First Quarter Earnings
Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD) today reported record net income of $44.6 million, or $.81 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2001. These results compare with $6.9 million, or $.15 per diluted share in the same quarter of fiscal 2000. Earnings for the current year represented a more than six-fold increase in net income and a more than five-fold increase in net income per share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti