USA: Smithfield Foods Reports Record First Quarter Earnings
Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD) today reported record net income of $44.6 million, or $.81 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2001. These results compare with $6.9 million, or $.15 per diluted share in the same quarter of fiscal 2000. Earnings for the current year represented a more than six-fold increase in net income and a more than five-fold increase in net income per share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units