USA: Smithfield Foods Reports Third Quarter Earnings
Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD) today reported earnings for the third quarter ended January 28, 2001 of $80.8 million, or $1.46 per diluted share, compared to $17.5 million, or $.36 per diluted share a year ago. Results in the quarter included a nonrecurring, pretax gain of $76.5 million from the sale of 6.7 million shares of IBP, inc. The company estimates that expenses incurred during the quarter related to the attempted merger and subsequent sale were $7.5 million. The after-tax gain on the sale, net of expenses, amounted to $43.6 million, or $.79 per diluted share. Excluding this nonrecurring gain, net income totaled $37.2 million, or $.67 per diluted share for the third quarter of fiscal 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review