USA: Smithfield Foods sees massive drop in Q4 earnings
Smithfield, Va.-based hog processor Smithfield Foods has announced earnings of US$24.9m for the Q4 of fiscal 2002, ended 28 April, down from US$48.5m year on year. Including one-time, after-tax gains of US$5m, Q4 2001 reported net income totalled US$53.5m, or US$0.49 per diluted share. For FY 2002, Smithfield Foods reported record earnings of US$195.7m, or US$1.77 per diluted share, compared to US$174.9m, or US$1.59 per diluted share, prior to unusual items. Including the impact of unusual items in both periods, fiscal 2002 earnings were US$196.9m, or US$1.78 per diluted share, versus US$223.5m, or US$2.03 per diluted share, in 2001. FY 2001 unusual items included gains on the sale of IBP stock and a Canadian plant totalling US$48.6m, or US$0.44 per diluted share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up