USA: Smithfield Foods sees massive drop in Q4 earnings
Smithfield, Va.-based hog processor Smithfield Foods has announced earnings of US$24.9m for the Q4 of fiscal 2002, ended 28 April, down from US$48.5m year on year. Including one-time, after-tax gains of US$5m, Q4 2001 reported net income totalled US$53.5m, or US$0.49 per diluted share. For FY 2002, Smithfield Foods reported record earnings of US$195.7m, or US$1.77 per diluted share, compared to US$174.9m, or US$1.59 per diluted share, prior to unusual items. Including the impact of unusual items in both periods, fiscal 2002 earnings were US$196.9m, or US$1.78 per diluted share, versus US$223.5m, or US$2.03 per diluted share, in 2001. FY 2001 unusual items included gains on the sale of IBP stock and a Canadian plant totalling US$48.6m, or US$0.44 per diluted share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report