USA: Smithfield Foods to take Schneider Private
Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD) yesterday announced a transaction that will result in Schneider Corporation becoming wholly owned by Smithfield Foods. Through its subsidiary Smithfield Canada Limited, Smithfield Foods currently owns indirectly all of the common shares and approximately 60% of the Class A shares of Schneider.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast