USA: Smithfield Reacts to Court Filing; Kennedy Lawsuit 'Legally and Factually Bogus,' Says Company
Smithfield Foods, Inc., responded today to a lawsuit filed in North Carolina by two trial lawyers on behalf of Bobby Kennedy, Jr., and other self-styled environmental activists over the issue of disposal of hog waste by Smithfield's North Carolina hog production subsidiaries."This is nothing but a publicity stunt designed to raise money for out-of- state 'activist groups,' fronted by trial lawyers looking to make millions on the backs of hog farmers," said Richard J.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes