USA: Smithfield Reacts to Court Filing; Kennedy Lawsuit 'Legally and Factually Bogus,' Says Company
Smithfield Foods, Inc., responded today to a lawsuit filed in North Carolina by two trial lawyers on behalf of Bobby Kennedy, Jr., and other self-styled environmental activists over the issue of disposal of hog waste by Smithfield's North Carolina hog production subsidiaries."This is nothing but a publicity stunt designed to raise money for out-of- state 'activist groups,' fronted by trial lawyers looking to make millions on the backs of hog farmers," said Richard J.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group