USA: Smithfield to make HSR filing in connection with IBP proposal
Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD) announced today that it is making a filing with the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission under the Hart-Scott Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended, with respect to its proposed acquisition of IBP, inc. (NYSE: IBP). In connection with this filing, Smithfield made the following statement:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Opinion: Big Food needs to think radically
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units