USA: Smithfield's Luter tells National Pork Producers Council proposed acquisition of IBP would benefit pork producers
Joseph W. Luter, III, Chairman and CEO of Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD), yesterday presented the following remarks at a meeting of the National Pork Producers Council: "Smithfield Foods believes a strong meatpacking industry benefits hog producers. By working together, producers and packers can deliver a consistent, high quality product that meets the increasingly stringent demands of our customers, be they the giant foodservice companies, consolidating food retailers, international markets, or individual shoppers looking for new, value-added meat products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK