Smucker adds Sahale snack bars to range
Smucker has launched Layered Nut Bars under the Sahale Snacks banner
J.M. Smucker has launched a line of snack bars under the Sahale brand.
The US group has added to Sahale's existing collection of bagged fruits and nuts with the introduction of Layered Nut Bars.
Layered Nut Bars feature four flavours: dark chocolate peanut, salted caramel apple pecan, almond vanilla latte, and cinnamon pecan.
They are Non-GMO Project verified and are free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives. Each bar features 5-7g of protein.
"Sahale Snacks offers innovative nut and fruit mix ingredient combinations that make every snacking experience a moment to savor," a Smucker spokesperson said. "We're delighted to have Sahale Snacks as part of The J.M. Smucker Company family of brands and to introduce unique offerings like the new Layered Nut Bars."
Sahale Snacks Layered Nut Bars are available in grocery stores nationwide for a suggested retail price of $1.99.
Smucker acquired Sahale snacks last August. Last month, at the company's investor day, Barry Dunaway, Smucker's chief administrative officer and president of its international business unit, said the business was on the hunt for "smaller opportunities" that could help expand its presence in snacks.
Sweet spreads are generally breakfast accompaniments, such as jams and preserves, honey, chocolate spreads, and nut- and seed-based spreads....
Naturally healthy food is minimally processed food that does not contain any additives such as hormones, antibiotics, sweeteners, food colors, and flavorings, which were not originally in the food....
The use of jams, jellies, and preserves is increasing in salads, cookies, pizzas, sandwiches, and smoothies as customers are willing to expand their taste pallet....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti