USA: Smucker posts strong Q3 net income, raises earnings guidance for fiscal 2003
US jelly manufacturer J.M. Smucker has reported fiscal third-quarter net income of US$28m, compared to $7.9m a year earlier. The company said sales for the third quarter to 31 January rose to $340.8m from $168.4m a year earlier, boosted by the acquisition of the Jif and Crisco brands. Smucker bought the brands, which added $167.6m to its third-quarter sales, from Proctor & Gamble last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review