USA: Smucker posts strong Q3 net income, raises earnings guidance for fiscal 2003
US jelly manufacturer J.M. Smucker has reported fiscal third-quarter net income of US$28m, compared to $7.9m a year earlier. The company said sales for the third quarter to 31 January rose to $340.8m from $168.4m a year earlier, boosted by the acquisition of the Jif and Crisco brands. Smucker bought the brands, which added $167.6m to its third-quarter sales, from Proctor & Gamble last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth