USA: Smucker reports rise in Q4 profit
US jam maker JM Smucker has reported a rise in quarterly profit on strong sales of peanut butter and jam, and on the inclusion of the Jif product line it acquired last year. The Orville, Ohio-based company reported fiscal fourth-quarter profit of $23.2m, or 46 cents a share, compared with $6.7m, or 28 cents a share, in the year-ago period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast