UK: Snacks firm Kolak acquires Berkshire Foods and NC Snacks
Ashok Lakhani, CEO and Rikin Lakhani commercial director of Kolak
UK based Kolak Snack Foods has announced the acquisition of Berkshire Foods and NC Snacks for an undisclosed sum.
The acquisition includes all business assets and the customer base of Berkshire Foods and NC Snacks.
Crisp-maker Kolak's CEO Ashok Lakhani comments: "This acquisition makes another important step in the development of Kolak Snack Foods. We continue to strengthen our position as a major quality snack manufacturer, with our customers at the heart of our business. The acquisition will help to grow our customer offer."
Kolak Snack Foods was established in 1985 and manufactures branded and retailer own-label snacks supplying to major UK supermarkets and retailers. In 2012 it posted a turnover of GBP61m (US$99.9m).
Last year it opened a new GBP9.6m snack processing factory at Park Royal in West London creating 100 jobs. The new site is dedicated to manufacturing extruded snack products and ready to eat popcorn.
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- Free-from firm BFree Foods - bitesize interview
- How Danone is winning "key battles" to grow
- Hershey buys company behind BarkThins brand
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Young's eyeing new channels, M&A
- PepsiCo, Target back campaign for gender parity