FRANCE: Snacks International set for another PE owner
IK Investments has owned Snacks International since 2010
Private-equity fund Apax Partners wants to buy 95% of France-based Snacks International Développement.
Based in western France, Snacks International specialises in the production of supermarket own-label apéritif biscuits and crackers. The company reported turnover of EUR77m in 2012.
At the time of that deal, Snacks International claimed to be France's market leader in the segment with a 60% share.
In a filing to regulators, Apax said it had no presence in apéritif biscuits and crackers.
"The operation does not raise any competition issues or contribute to the creation or strenghtening of a dominant position in the markets in question."
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast