JAPAN: Snow Brand a step closer to Nestlé JV?
Struggling Japanese dairy giant Snow Brand Milk Products (SBMP) is believed to be mulling a joint venture with Nestlé Japan in the childcare products sector. Still suffering from the food poisoning scandal it caused in the summer of 2000, and the recent revelations of a mislabelling scam at its meat packing subsidiary Snow Brand Foods, SBMP is hoping that a tie-up with the local arm of Swiss food behemoth Nestlé could help revive its flagging business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"