JAPAN: Snow Brand and Otsuka set up clinical nutrition JV
Beleaguered Japanese dairy group Snow Brand Milk Products has finalised the details of its clinical nutrition with Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., giving Otsuka control of Snow Brand's nutrition business. The new company was set up yesterday [Tuesday]. From 1 June, the new company, Tokyo-based EN Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., will take over nutrients production at Snow Brand's existing plant in Hanamaki, Iwate Prefecture. The new company will also be involved in the researching and distributing enteral nutrients, medical food and food products tailored to the requirements of the elderly.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre