JAPAN: Snow Brand and Otsuka set up clinical nutrition JV
Beleaguered Japanese dairy group Snow Brand Milk Products has finalised the details of its clinical nutrition with Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., giving Otsuka control of Snow Brand's nutrition business. The new company was set up yesterday [Tuesday]. From 1 June, the new company, Tokyo-based EN Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., will take over nutrients production at Snow Brand's existing plant in Hanamaki, Iwate Prefecture. The new company will also be involved in the researching and distributing enteral nutrients, medical food and food products tailored to the requirements of the elderly.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund