JAPAN: Snow Brand and Otsuka set up clinical nutrition JV
Beleaguered Japanese dairy group Snow Brand Milk Products has finalised the details of its clinical nutrition with Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., giving Otsuka control of Snow Brand's nutrition business. The new company was set up yesterday [Tuesday]. From 1 June, the new company, Tokyo-based EN Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., will take over nutrients production at Snow Brand's existing plant in Hanamaki, Iwate Prefecture. The new company will also be involved in the researching and distributing enteral nutrients, medical food and food products tailored to the requirements of the elderly.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife