JAPAN: Snow Brand closes scandal-hit Osaka plant
Snow Brand Milk Products Co. has closed down the plant at the centre of last year's food-poisoning outbreak. The site in Osaka manufactured low-fat milk and yoghurt. The closure of the plant in Osaka's Miyakojima Ward after 45 years of operation was marked without ceremony. Since 1956, the plant had been one of the company's major factories, supplying dairy products mostly to the Kansai region in western Japan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action