JAPAN: Snow Brand closes scandal-hit Osaka plant
Snow Brand Milk Products Co. has closed down the plant at the centre of last year's food-poisoning outbreak. The site in Osaka manufactured low-fat milk and yoghurt. The closure of the plant in Osaka's Miyakojima Ward after 45 years of operation was marked without ceremony. Since 1956, the plant had been one of the company's major factories, supplying dairy products mostly to the Kansai region in western Japan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund