JAPAN: Snow Brand closes scandal-hit Osaka plant
Snow Brand Milk Products Co. has closed down the plant at the centre of last year's food-poisoning outbreak. The site in Osaka manufactured low-fat milk and yoghurt. The closure of the plant in Osaka's Miyakojima Ward after 45 years of operation was marked without ceremony. Since 1956, the plant had been one of the company's major factories, supplying dairy products mostly to the Kansai region in western Japan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK