JAPAN: Snow Brand closes scandal-hit Osaka plant
Snow Brand Milk Products Co. has closed down the plant at the centre of last year's food-poisoning outbreak. The site in Osaka manufactured low-fat milk and yoghurt. The closure of the plant in Osaka's Miyakojima Ward after 45 years of operation was marked without ceremony. Since 1956, the plant had been one of the company's major factories, supplying dairy products mostly to the Kansai region in western Japan.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations