JAPAN: Snow Brand employees publish apology in national papers
A group of young middle-ranking employees at beleaguered Japanese food group Snow Brand Milk Products Co. have initiated the publication of an apology for the group's involvement in two food scandals in Sunday newspapers.
The move is being interpreted as a sign that employees at the group have lost all confidence in management and feel they need to act themselves to restore public confidence. In 2000 a national food poisoning outbreak was caused by the company, and this year subsidiary company Snow Brand Foods was involved in a meat mislabelling fraud. The apology says that "all employees" of the group are "deeply sorry for the series of vicious acts we have committed".
Iconic US chocolate maker Hershey Foods is in the midst of a transformation process. Its aim? To diversify into the snack food market in order to expand beyond its core chocolate business. With new pr...
The new health consciousness of consumers is believed to be one of the reasons for stagnant value growth of ice cream sales in Western Europe. But with new and unusual combinations of flavours, more p...
Innovation is king - or is it? Fear of legislation or simple lack of imagination has depressed innovation in the food sector for a couple of years. Brand extensions and me-too copycats are not the sam...
Swiss food giant Nestlé has reported consolidated sales of CHF43.47bn (US$34.5bn) for the first half of 2005, an increase of 2.4% over January-June 2004, despite the negative impacts of currencies and...
Swiss food giant Nestlé has announced that its Australian unit will cease manufacturing milk powder, while it has also sold a powdered milk factory in the Netherlands....
Swiss food giant Nestlé has decided to delist its shares from Euronext Paris's Eurolist and the London Stock Exchange....
Israeli food manufacturer Osem-Nestlé Israel posted revenues of NIS617.7m (US$140.8m) for the first quarter of 2005, compared with NIS615.7m in the corresponding period in 2004, an increase of 0.3%....
Nestlé UK has announced that from June 2005 every box of Nestlé breakfast cereals will be made with whole grain....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review