JAPAN: Snow Brand epidemic cause confirmed
The suspected cause of Japan's dairy-related food-poisoning incident that hit the country in the summer has been confirmed. Bacterial toxin contained in powdered skim milk manufactured at Snow Brand Milk Products Co. 's Taiki, Hokkaido, factory is cited as the reason for the epidemic, investigators have concluded. The investigation was part of a combined effort between the city of Osaka and Japan's Health and Welfare Ministry.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action