JAPAN: Snow Brand Food admits to second label scandal, will halt beef production
Snow Brand Food Co (SBF), a subsidiary of dairy giant Snow Brand, said earlier today [Monday] that it will halt production and sales of its beef products indefinitely. In a press conference, it also confirmed that it is guilty of a second labelling scandal, in which meat from Hokkaido, northern Japan, was relabelled as coming from Kumamoto in the south. Japan's second case of mad-cow disease was found to have originated in Hokkaido in November last year and the company explained that its actions were taken after some buyers refused to take beef from the Hokkaido region.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report