JAPAN: Snow Brand Food to shutter by end of April
Scandal-ridden meat packer Snow Brand Foods (SBF) announced earlier today [Friday] that its restructure plan is to be abandoned in favour of liquidation. SBF had earlier said that it would only withdraw from the meat business, but now it will seek buyers for all four of its businesses by the end of next month. The move puts over 1,000 jobs on the line, which will be lost if buyers are not found.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast