JAPAN: Snow Brand losses seen reaching ¥80bn
Beleaguered Japanese dairy company Snow Brand Milk Products is reported to be forecasting extraordinary losses of approximately ¥80bn (US$626.7m) for the current fiscal year. The group is however negotiating with lenders to avoid falling into a negative net worth by securing ¥50bn in financial assistance from banks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs