JAPAN: Snow Brand, Lotte to set up ice cream JV
Beleaguered Japanese dairy foods producer Snow Brand Milk Products announced today [Monday] that it will establish a joint venture with Lotte Co on 1 October. Lotte will control 80% of the joint venture, which will produce and sell goods under the Snow Brand label. Lotte's ice cream business will continue to operate separately from the new firm, but Snow Brand's three plants, seven branches and the ice cream R&D section will eventually be entirely transferred to the new firm.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- General Mills books lower 9M sales and profits