JAPAN: Snow Brand, Lotte to set up ice cream JV
Beleaguered Japanese dairy foods producer Snow Brand Milk Products announced today [Monday] that it will establish a joint venture with Lotte Co on 1 October. Lotte will control 80% of the joint venture, which will produce and sell goods under the Snow Brand label. Lotte's ice cream business will continue to operate separately from the new firm, but Snow Brand's three plants, seven branches and the ice cream R&D section will eventually be entirely transferred to the new firm.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action