JAPAN: Snow Brand mulls ice cream JV with Lotte
Beleaguered Japanese dairy group Snow Brand Milk Products today [Wednesday] said it is in talks with the Japanese arm of Korean food producer Lotte concerning an ice cream joint venture. Snow Brand Milk is still reeling from the effects of a mass food poisoning incident triggered by its products in 2000. Earlier this year its meat division, Snow Brand Foods, was caught up in a beef mislabelling scandal. That division dissolved its operations and delisted its shares earlier this week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund