JAPAN: Snow Brand mulls ice cream JV with Lotte
Beleaguered Japanese dairy group Snow Brand Milk Products today [Wednesday] said it is in talks with the Japanese arm of Korean food producer Lotte concerning an ice cream joint venture. Snow Brand Milk is still reeling from the effects of a mass food poisoning incident triggered by its products in 2000. Earlier this year its meat division, Snow Brand Foods, was caught up in a beef mislabelling scandal. That division dissolved its operations and delisted its shares earlier this week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- ABF sees further grocery revival