JAPAN: Snow Brand, Nestlé abandon joint venture talks
Beleaguered Japanese dairy company Snow Brand Milk Products revealed that it has abandoned talks with Swiss food giant Nestlé, when it announcement earlier today [Wednesday] that it is to tie up with Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co in October. Snow Brand was seeking an alliance with a major company for its baby food business, which is due to be spun off in the autumn. In March it signed a basic agreement with the Japanese arm of Nestlé, but under this latest deal, Otsuka will control a 20% stake in the new unit.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast