JAPAN: Snow Brand plant in Hokkaido finds a buyer
A number of companies led by industrial gas maker Air Water Inc. are expected to buy a plant currently owned by Snow Brand Food Co., it was reported yesterday [Thursday]. The plant, in Hokkaido prefecture, was used to produce hams and sausages, but stopped operations in March, making 120 staff redundant. The Hokkaido government has requested a speedy takeover in order to minimise the impact of the closure on the local economy.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB