JAPAN: Snow Brand plant in Hokkaido finds a buyer
A number of companies led by industrial gas maker Air Water Inc. are expected to buy a plant currently owned by Snow Brand Food Co., it was reported yesterday [Thursday]. The plant, in Hokkaido prefecture, was used to produce hams and sausages, but stopped operations in March, making 120 staff redundant. The Hokkaido government has requested a speedy takeover in order to minimise the impact of the closure on the local economy.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife