JAPAN: Snow Brand plant in Hokkaido finds a buyer
A number of companies led by industrial gas maker Air Water Inc. are expected to buy a plant currently owned by Snow Brand Food Co., it was reported yesterday [Thursday]. The plant, in Hokkaido prefecture, was used to produce hams and sausages, but stopped operations in March, making 120 staff redundant. The Hokkaido government has requested a speedy takeover in order to minimise the impact of the closure on the local economy.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill