JAPAN: Snow Brand plant in Hokkaido finds a buyer
A number of companies led by industrial gas maker Air Water Inc. are expected to buy a plant currently owned by Snow Brand Food Co., it was reported yesterday [Thursday]. The plant, in Hokkaido prefecture, was used to produce hams and sausages, but stopped operations in March, making 120 staff redundant. The Hokkaido government has requested a speedy takeover in order to minimise the impact of the closure on the local economy.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery