JAPAN: Snow Brand to merge with local rivals, cut 1000 jobs - reports
Beleaguered Japanese dairy group Snow Brand Milk Products will merge with two farming cooperatives - the National Federation of Agricultural Cooperative Associations and the National Federation of Dairy Cooperative Associations. According to a report in the Nihon Keizai Shimbun, the three parties will set up a new entity to combine their milk businesses. Ahead of the merger, some 1000 of the companies' combined workforce of 3300 will be reduced to 2300, with most of the redundancies coming at Snow Brand.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO