JAPAN: Snow Brand to merge with local rivals, cut 1000 jobs - reports
Beleaguered Japanese dairy group Snow Brand Milk Products will merge with two farming cooperatives - the National Federation of Agricultural Cooperative Associations and the National Federation of Dairy Cooperative Associations. According to a report in the Nihon Keizai Shimbun, the three parties will set up a new entity to combine their milk businesses. Ahead of the merger, some 1000 of the companies' combined workforce of 3300 will be reduced to 2300, with most of the redundancies coming at Snow Brand.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- UK food companies to miss sugar target