JAPAN: Snow Brand to merge with local rivals, cut 1000 jobs - reports
Beleaguered Japanese dairy group Snow Brand Milk Products will merge with two farming cooperatives - the National Federation of Agricultural Cooperative Associations and the National Federation of Dairy Cooperative Associations. According to a report in the Nihon Keizai Shimbun, the three parties will set up a new entity to combine their milk businesses. Ahead of the merger, some 1000 of the companies' combined workforce of 3300 will be reduced to 2300, with most of the redundancies coming at Snow Brand.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units