JAPAN: Snow Brand to merge with local rivals, cut 1000 jobs - reports
Beleaguered Japanese dairy group Snow Brand Milk Products will merge with two farming cooperatives - the National Federation of Agricultural Cooperative Associations and the National Federation of Dairy Cooperative Associations. According to a report in the Nihon Keizai Shimbun, the three parties will set up a new entity to combine their milk businesses. Ahead of the merger, some 1000 of the companies' combined workforce of 3300 will be reduced to 2300, with most of the redundancies coming at Snow Brand.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review