USA: Snow crab fishery harvest reaches 56% of open access quota
The 2002 harvest of the Bering Sea commercial snow crab (opilio) is already believed to have topped the 16-million-pound mark, amounting to 56% of the open access quota. The Alaska Department of Fish and Game revealed the estimate after recording that 15.9-million-pound had been harvested by 100 vessels between noon 15 January and 6am on Sunday, 27 January.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week