USA: Snow crab fishery harvest reaches 56% of open access quota
The 2002 harvest of the Bering Sea commercial snow crab (opilio) is already believed to have topped the 16-million-pound mark, amounting to 56% of the open access quota. The Alaska Department of Fish and Game revealed the estimate after recording that 15.9-million-pound had been harvested by 100 vessels between noon 15 January and 6am on Sunday, 27 January.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid