US: Snyder's-Lance in NPD push
US snack maker Snyder's-Lance has revealed details of its latest new product push.
The company has developed a new range of "bite-sized" corn snacks, expanded its line of gluten-free pretzels and added flavours to a number of product stables.
The group has introduced Korn Krunchers, small-sized corn snacks available in three flavours.
Snyder's-Lance has broadened its range of gluten-free pretzels with two "new options packed with flavour" - honey mustard and onion, plus hot buffalo wing.
Flavour is also central to additions to ranges under the Cape Cod brand - to Waffle Cut, Kettle-cooked potato chips and to the Limited Batch line.
Snyder's-Lance said it had also brought back Cape Cod popcorn due to "overwhelming consumer demand".
The details of the new products, issued on Friday (21 February), follows news of the launch of Bolds, a range of crackers containing "bigger, bolder flavours".
"Our newest product innovations and increased marketing support demonstrate Snyder's-Lance's commitment to meeting the snacking needs of consumers from bold flavor experiences to better-for-you snack options," Rodrigo Troni, chief marketing officer for Snyder's-Lance, said.
Speaking to Wall Street analysts on 7 February when Snyder's-Lance issued its results for 2013, CFO Rick Puckett said the company was launching a "significant number of new products".
Puckett revealed the cost of the launches, including advertising, marketing and promotions, would mean the company's first-quarter earnings would be lower than this year.
US snack group Snyder's-Lance has unveiled its new division that will focus on developing "better-for-you" products....
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- How could a TTIP affect the food industry?
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- PepsiCo "engaging" with Indofood on child labour
- Campaigners attack UK child obesity plan
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights