US: Snyder's-Lance in NPD push
US snack maker Snyder's-Lance has revealed details of its latest new product push.
The company has developed a new range of "bite-sized" corn snacks, expanded its line of gluten-free pretzels and added flavours to a number of product stables.
The group has introduced Korn Krunchers, small-sized corn snacks available in three flavours.
Snyder's-Lance has broadened its range of gluten-free pretzels with two "new options packed with flavour" - honey mustard and onion, plus hot buffalo wing.
Flavour is also central to additions to ranges under the Cape Cod brand - to Waffle Cut, Kettle-cooked potato chips and to the Limited Batch line.
Snyder's-Lance said it had also brought back Cape Cod popcorn due to "overwhelming consumer demand".
The details of the new products, issued on Friday (21 February), follows news of the launch of Bolds, a range of crackers containing "bigger, bolder flavours".
"Our newest product innovations and increased marketing support demonstrate Snyder's-Lance's commitment to meeting the snacking needs of consumers from bold flavor experiences to better-for-you snack options," Rodrigo Troni, chief marketing officer for Snyder's-Lance, said.
Speaking to Wall Street analysts on 7 February when Snyder's-Lance issued its results for 2013, CFO Rick Puckett said the company was launching a "significant number of new products".
Puckett revealed the cost of the launches, including advertising, marketing and promotions, would mean the company's first-quarter earnings would be lower than this year.
Snyder’s-Lance, Inc. (Snyder’s) manufactures and markets a variety of snack food products such as sandwich crackers, pretzels, kettle chips, pretzel crackers, cookies, potato chips, tortilla chips, ot...
US snack group Snyder's-Lance has unveiled its new division that will focus on developing "better-for-you" products....
Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest happenings in the global savory snacks market throughout the month. The monthly report provides the reader with the top-li...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global savory snacks market during February 2014....
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global savory snacks market during May 2014. Sum...
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Fonterra's full-year results – 10 things to learn
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- ConAgra suggests there is life in old brands yet
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- McCormick India JV hit by row
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015