US: Snyder's-Lance launches "spoon" pretzel for dipping
US snack group Snyder's-Lance has continued its NPD drive with a spoon-shaped pretzel consumers can use to "scoop up" dips, cheese and spreads.
The double-ended Pretzel Spoonz is available nationwide and retails for around $3.69 for a 12-oz. bag.
Snyder's-Lance touted the health benefits the new product can bring consumers. The company said the baked Pretzel Spoonz have 1.5g of fat per serving and are a "a healthier alternative to other dip pairings such as chips, which are often fried".
The company has launched a series of products in the early weeks of 2014. It has developed a new range of "bite-sized" corn snacks, expanded its line of gluten-free pretzels and added flavours to a number of product stables.
Synder's-Lance also launched Bolds, a range of crackers containing "bigger, bolder flavours".
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global savory snacks market during February 2014....
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global savory snacks market during May 2014. Sum...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global savory snacks market during May 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into ...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global bakery & cereals market during June 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight i...
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy