US: Snyder's-Lance sells private-label business
Snyder's-Lance focuses on branded snacks
US snack group Snyder's-Lance has sold its private-label business in a US$430m deal that will enable it to focus on branded sales.
Shearer's Foods will purchase the own-label snack business, including two snack manufacturing facilities in Canada and the US.
"This transaction will allow Snyder's-Lance to focus entirely on its branded products by placing more resources to work on growth categories such as 'better for you' nutritional and premium snacks," Snyder's-Lance said in a statement.
BB&T Capital Markets analyst Brett Hundley suggested the move could also boost Synder's-Lance margins. "We believe that a sale of its PL business, combined with an improved business mix and further M&A, will help to improve operating margins to above 10% while unlocking equity value," he suggested.
Shares in the group were up almost 3% in morning trade in New York today (7 May).
US snack maker Snyder's-Lance is expanding its offering with the introduction of a number of gluten-free options under its iconic brands, including a "first-ever" gluten-free sandwich cracker. ...
US snack group Snyder's-Lance has unveiled its new division that will focus on developing "better-for-you" products....
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Brexit and UK food market policymaking
- Unilever sees growth but spreads decline continues
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Campbell's Soup's sustainable growth strategy
- Arla Foods unveils strategy for growth up to 2020
- US demand for organic food exceeding supply