US: Snyder's-Lance sells private-label business
Snyder's-Lance focuses on branded snacks
US snack group Snyder's-Lance has sold its private-label business in a US$430m deal that will enable it to focus on branded sales.
Shearer's Foods will purchase the own-label snack business, including two snack manufacturing facilities in Canada and the US.
"This transaction will allow Snyder's-Lance to focus entirely on its branded products by placing more resources to work on growth categories such as 'better for you' nutritional and premium snacks," Snyder's-Lance said in a statement.
BB&T Capital Markets analyst Brett Hundley suggested the move could also boost Synder's-Lance margins. "We believe that a sale of its PL business, combined with an improved business mix and further M&A, will help to improve operating margins to above 10% while unlocking equity value," he suggested.
Shares in the group were up almost 3% in morning trade in New York today (7 May).
Snyder's-Lance, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service off...
Snyder’s-Lance, Inc. (LNCE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global savory snacks market during February 2014....
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global savory snacks market during May 2014. Sum...
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- Why whole sector should take heed of meat scrutiny
- Unilever sees lacklustre H1 food sales
- Danone H1 profits down but sticks to FY goals
- Hovis eyes Leicester bakery closure
- FSA ordered to carry out review on 2 Sisters
- Tyson sells Mexico, Brazil ops to JBS