US: Snyder's-Lance sells private-label business
Snyder's-Lance focuses on branded snacks
US snack group Snyder's-Lance has sold its private-label business in a US$430m deal that will enable it to focus on branded sales.
Shearer's Foods will purchase the own-label snack business, including two snack manufacturing facilities in Canada and the US.
"This transaction will allow Snyder's-Lance to focus entirely on its branded products by placing more resources to work on growth categories such as 'better for you' nutritional and premium snacks," Snyder's-Lance said in a statement.
BB&T Capital Markets analyst Brett Hundley suggested the move could also boost Synder's-Lance margins. "We believe that a sale of its PL business, combined with an improved business mix and further M&A, will help to improve operating margins to above 10% while unlocking equity value," he suggested.
Shares in the group were up almost 3% in morning trade in New York today (7 May).
Snyder’s-Lance, Inc. (LNCE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global savory snacks market during February 2014....
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global savory snacks market during May 2014. Sum...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global savory snacks market during May 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into ...
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration
- Italy yoghurt woes lead to Emmi profit warning