CANADA: Sobeys announces departure of chief development officer
Canadian grocery retailer Sobeys has announced that Jim Dickson, executive vice president, chief development officer and corporate secretary, is to leave the company to return to private law practice.
Dickson joined Sobeys in June 2001 following several years as counsel to the company in the law firm Stewart McKelvey Stirling Scales.
Stellarton, Nova Scotia-based Sobeys owns or franchises more than 1,300 stores under retail banners that include Sobeys, IGA extra, IGA, and Price Chopper.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units