CANADA: Sobeys appoints president of Thrifty Foods
Sobeys has appointed company and grocery industry veteran Jim Dores as president of its Thrifty Foods
Canadian retailer Sobeys has appointed company and grocery industry veteran Jim Dores as president of its Thrifty Foods supermarket chain.
Dores, previously senior vice president and general manager of the company's community banner and wholesale business, will take over from Milford Sorensen who retires on 1 February.
"Jim is a seasoned, highly-qualified food retailer with a solid reputation in the industry and is an absolutely great fit for Thrifty Foods," said Sobeys president and CEO Bill McEwan. "We are delighted to have someone of Jim's knowledge, experience and proven capability to lead our important Thrifty Foods division going forward."
Sorensen joined Thrifty Foods in 2004 with more than 40 years in the grocery retail industry across Canada.
UK grocer Morrisons has poached Arla Foods marketing vice president Danny Micklethwaite as part of plans to develop its private-label range....
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO