CANADA: Sobeys CFO joins High Liner Foods
Sobey's CFO Paul Jewer will join High Liner Foods as CFO after Feb
Canadian grocer Sobeys announced the departure of its chief financial officer, Paul Jewer, who is moving to fill the CFO post at High Liner Foods.
Jewer will replace Kelly Nelson as chief financial officer at frozen seafood specialist High Liner. Nelson is retiring in May.
High Liner CEO Henry Demone said he was "confident" that Jewer will provide "the same high level of financial management and reporting".
Jewer joined Sobeys in 2003 as vice president finance and treasury and was appointed CFO in October 2011.
Jewer will exit Sobeys on 14 February, the company said. François Vimard, Sobeys EVP and Empire Ltd CFO, will assume Jewer's responsibilities on an interim basis.
Business Monitor International's Canada Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bo...
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Hershey buys company behind BarkThins brand
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Pinnacle Foods names Mondelez's Mark Clouse CEO