CANADA: Sobeys CFO joins High Liner Foods
Sobey's CFO Paul Jewer will join High Liner Foods as CFO after Feb
Canadian grocer Sobeys announced the departure of its chief financial officer, Paul Jewer, who is moving to fill the CFO post at High Liner Foods.
Jewer will replace Kelly Nelson as chief financial officer at frozen seafood specialist High Liner. Nelson is retiring in May.
High Liner CEO Henry Demone said he was "confident" that Jewer will provide "the same high level of financial management and reporting".
Jewer joined Sobeys in 2003 as vice president finance and treasury and was appointed CFO in October 2011.
Jewer will exit Sobeys on 14 February, the company said. François Vimard, Sobeys EVP and Empire Ltd CFO, will assume Jewer's responsibilities on an interim basis.
Two key themes were once again in evidence on our pages this week: the importance of securing the supply chain in a world where commodities are becoming more hotly contested and the task of leveraging...
In 2013, grocery retailers showed healthy growth over the previous year despite declining consumer spending, increasing competition due to new entrants, rising square footage in comparison to populat...
In 2012, grocery retailers recorded fairly healthy current value growth, considering the mature and highly developed state of the channel. Grocery retailers continued to focus more on consumer prefere...
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK