CANADA: Sobeys completes sale of SERCA Foodservice to SYSCO Corp.
Canada's second-largest retail grocer and distributor, Sobeys Inc, has announced the completion of the sale of all of the assets of its SERCA Foodservice operations. SERCA has been acquired by SYSCO Corporation, the US's largest foodservice marketer and distributor. SERCA's Pacific Division operations have been acquired by Gordon Food Service, which will operate in British Columbia as Neptune Food Service.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action