CANADA: Sobeys H1 profit climbs
- Net profit up 21.3%
- Operating profit grows 15.8%
- Net sales climb 9.5%
Sobey's saw its profits grow in the first half
Canadian retailer Sobeys has booked an increase in earnings in the first half of its fiscal year.
In the 26 weeks ended 5 November, earnings amounted to C$150m (US$152.2m), a 21.3% increase on the prior year period.
Operating profit climbed 15.8% to reach C$245.2m, parent company Empire reported yesterday (13 December).
Sales in the six month period reached C$8.85bn, an increase of 9.5% on last year.
In the US and Canada, retailers Costco, Casey's General Stores and Sobeys have reported quarterly results....
- Mead Johnson wrestles "irrational" Chinese market
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- On the money: Unilever aims to get food growing
- 10 things to learn: Campbell's plans for growth
- Interview: Seabrook Crisps chief on MBO
- Hain Celestial buys plant-based food firm Mona
- Post, TreeHouse "in talks over ConAgra own-label"
- Nestle replaces India MD after Maggi scandal
- Danone eyes "return to growth" in fresh dairy
- UPDATE: Danone merges Dumex with Mengniu