CANADA: Sobeys H1 profit climbs
- Net profit up 21.3%
- Operating profit grows 15.8%
- Net sales climb 9.5%
Sobey's saw its profits grow in the first half
Canadian retailer Sobeys has booked an increase in earnings in the first half of its fiscal year.
In the 26 weeks ended 5 November, earnings amounted to C$150m (US$152.2m), a 21.3% increase on the prior year period.
Operating profit climbed 15.8% to reach C$245.2m, parent company Empire reported yesterday (13 December).
Sales in the six month period reached C$8.85bn, an increase of 9.5% on last year.
In the US and Canada, retailers Costco, Casey's General Stores and Sobeys have reported quarterly results....
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- just-food's pick: Innovation on show at ISM 2016
- Can dairy-free Flora lift Unilever spreads sales?
- Talking shop: Wal-Mart overhaul, Lidl's US charge
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- Arla eyes job cuts as part of 2020 growth push
- Mars to cut artificial colours from global foods
- Chobani targets growth after rejecting offers
- Nestle to acquire remaining stake in Osem
- Kerry Group launches Pure free-from meals in UK