CANADA: Sobeys H1 profit climbs
- Net profit up 21.3%
- Operating profit grows 15.8%
- Net sales climb 9.5%
Sobey's saw its profits grow in the first half
Canadian retailer Sobeys has booked an increase in earnings in the first half of its fiscal year.
In the 26 weeks ended 5 November, earnings amounted to C$150m (US$152.2m), a 21.3% increase on the prior year period.
Operating profit climbed 15.8% to reach C$245.2m, parent company Empire reported yesterday (13 December).
Sales in the six month period reached C$8.85bn, an increase of 9.5% on last year.
In the US and Canada, retailers Costco, Casey's General Stores and Sobeys have reported quarterly results....
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- Focus: Delivering dairy to Indian consumers
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- PepsiCo underlines the challenge on health
- just the answer: Gardein founder Yves Potvin
- Fonterra warns on geopolitical unrest, oversupply
- Tereos to buy Real Good Food's Napier Brown
- Kerry benefits from snacking trends
- Mondelez sees Q1 net profit jump on higher pricing
- Russia "likely to extend food embargo"