CANADA: Sobeys H1 profit climbs
- Net profit up 21.3%
- Operating profit grows 15.8%
- Net sales climb 9.5%
Sobey's saw its profits grow in the first half
Canadian retailer Sobeys has booked an increase in earnings in the first half of its fiscal year.
In the 26 weeks ended 5 November, earnings amounted to C$150m (US$152.2m), a 21.3% increase on the prior year period.
Operating profit climbed 15.8% to reach C$245.2m, parent company Empire reported yesterday (13 December).
Sales in the six month period reached C$8.85bn, an increase of 9.5% on last year.
In the US and Canada, retailers Costco, Casey's General Stores and Sobeys have reported quarterly results....
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Emmi earnings grow but sales outlook lowered
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site