CANADA: Sobeys H1 profit climbs
- Net profit up 21.3%
- Operating profit grows 15.8%
- Net sales climb 9.5%
Sobey's saw its profits grow in the first half
Canadian retailer Sobeys has booked an increase in earnings in the first half of its fiscal year.
In the 26 weeks ended 5 November, earnings amounted to C$150m (US$152.2m), a 21.3% increase on the prior year period.
Operating profit climbed 15.8% to reach C$245.2m, parent company Empire reported yesterday (13 December).
Sales in the six month period reached C$8.85bn, an increase of 9.5% on last year.
In the US and Canada, retailers Costco, Casey's General Stores and Sobeys have reported quarterly results....
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Fonterra's full-year results – 10 things to learn
- Trans fat studies show complexity of health debate
- ConAgra suggests there is life in old brands yet
- Why Quorn Foods auction promises to be competitive
- Quorn Foods agrees sale to Monde Nissin
- Danone, Kerry, Pulmuone also eyeing Quorn
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- McCormick India JV hit by row
- ConAgra Foods "efficiency" drive to hit 1,500 jobs
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Global Bakery & Cereals Market: News and Events July 2015