CANADA: Sobeys H1 profit climbs
- Net profit up 21.3%
- Operating profit grows 15.8%
- Net sales climb 9.5%
Sobey's saw its profits grow in the first half
Canadian retailer Sobeys has booked an increase in earnings in the first half of its fiscal year.
In the 26 weeks ended 5 November, earnings amounted to C$150m (US$152.2m), a 21.3% increase on the prior year period.
Operating profit climbed 15.8% to reach C$245.2m, parent company Empire reported yesterday (13 December).
Sales in the six month period reached C$8.85bn, an increase of 9.5% on last year.
In the US and Canada, retailers Costco, Casey's General Stores and Sobeys have reported quarterly results....
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- 10 Things to Learn - JBS's acquisition of Moy Park
- Focus: Will synergies lift Ahold Delhaize in US?
- M&A Watch - ConAgra should divest Commercial Foods
- Focus: Mexican dairies focus on adding value
- ConAgra confirms private-label exit
- Kraft Heinz unveils management structure
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches
- CMA "accepts" Muller's revised Dairy Crest offer
- 7-Eleven launches premium private label lines