CANADA: Sobeys H1 profit climbs
- Net profit up 21.3%
- Operating profit grows 15.8%
- Net sales climb 9.5%
Sobey's saw its profits grow in the first half
Canadian retailer Sobeys has booked an increase in earnings in the first half of its fiscal year.
In the 26 weeks ended 5 November, earnings amounted to C$150m (US$152.2m), a 21.3% increase on the prior year period.
Operating profit climbed 15.8% to reach C$245.2m, parent company Empire reported yesterday (13 December).
Sales in the six month period reached C$8.85bn, an increase of 9.5% on last year.
In the US and Canada, retailers Costco, Casey's General Stores and Sobeys have reported quarterly results....
- Why US foodservice could offer route to growth
- Briefing: 11 menu trends shaping US foodservice
- Foodservice in the US - what the analysts say
- How can brands capitalise in US foodservice?
- UK organic industry's bullish outlook
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- Hain buys 100% of deli meats firm Empire
- Thorntons sales, profits fall
- Dr Oetker to buy Coppenrath & Wiese
- Saputo's Warrnambool to buy Lion's cheese arm