CANADA: Sobeys H1 profit climbs
- Net profit up 21.3%
- Operating profit grows 15.8%
- Net sales climb 9.5%
Sobey's saw its profits grow in the first half
Canadian retailer Sobeys has booked an increase in earnings in the first half of its fiscal year.
In the 26 weeks ended 5 November, earnings amounted to C$150m (US$152.2m), a 21.3% increase on the prior year period.
Operating profit climbed 15.8% to reach C$245.2m, parent company Empire reported yesterday (13 December).
Sales in the six month period reached C$8.85bn, an increase of 9.5% on last year.
In the US and Canada, retailers Costco, Casey's General Stores and Sobeys have reported quarterly results....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Kellogg to invest in "next-generation innovation"
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights