CANADA: Sobeys H1 profit climbs
- Net profit up 21.3%
- Operating profit grows 15.8%
- Net sales climb 9.5%
Sobey's saw its profits grow in the first half
Canadian retailer Sobeys has booked an increase in earnings in the first half of its fiscal year.
In the 26 weeks ended 5 November, earnings amounted to C$150m (US$152.2m), a 21.3% increase on the prior year period.
Operating profit climbed 15.8% to reach C$245.2m, parent company Empire reported yesterday (13 December).
Sales in the six month period reached C$8.85bn, an increase of 9.5% on last year.
In the US and Canada, retailers Costco, Casey's General Stores and Sobeys have reported quarterly results....
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- Nestle sets new savings target
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Amy's Kitchen strikes Picard deal in four markets
- Wilmar, Adani and Ruchi Soya announce India JV