CANADA: Sobeys H1 profit climbs
- Net profit up 21.3%
- Operating profit grows 15.8%
- Net sales climb 9.5%
Sobey's saw its profits grow in the first half
Canadian retailer Sobeys has booked an increase in earnings in the first half of its fiscal year.
In the 26 weeks ended 5 November, earnings amounted to C$150m (US$152.2m), a 21.3% increase on the prior year period.
Operating profit climbed 15.8% to reach C$245.2m, parent company Empire reported yesterday (13 December).
Sales in the six month period reached C$8.85bn, an increase of 9.5% on last year.
In the US and Canada, retailers Costco, Casey's General Stores and Sobeys have reported quarterly results....
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- The challenges awaiting ConAgra's new CEO
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- Focus: Can Mars gain share in Indian chocolate?
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Fatal explosion at French desserts firm Senagral
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus