CANADA: Sobeys posts 27% rise in Q3 profit
Canadian grocery chain Sobeys has reported third-quarter net profit of C$45.8m (US$31.1m), a 27% rise from $36.1m in the year-ago period. Sobeys, which operates the Sobeys, Garden Market, IGA and Price Chopper banners, also reported sales up almost 6.5% to $2.59bn from $2.44bn in the same period of the previous year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"