CANADA: Sobeys posts 27% rise in Q3 profit
Canadian grocery chain Sobeys has reported third-quarter net profit of C$45.8m (US$31.1m), a 27% rise from $36.1m in the year-ago period. Sobeys, which operates the Sobeys, Garden Market, IGA and Price Chopper banners, also reported sales up almost 6.5% to $2.59bn from $2.44bn in the same period of the previous year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly