CANADA: Sobeys posts 27% rise in Q3 profit
Canadian grocery chain Sobeys has reported third-quarter net profit of C$45.8m (US$31.1m), a 27% rise from $36.1m in the year-ago period. Sobeys, which operates the Sobeys, Garden Market, IGA and Price Chopper banners, also reported sales up almost 6.5% to $2.59bn from $2.44bn in the same period of the previous year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast