CANADA: Sobeys posts strong rise in Q2 profit
Canada's second-largest grocery chain, Sobeys, has posted second quarter profit of C$46.6m (US$29.9m), a significant rise from $35.1m in the second quarter of the previous year. The company, which operates under the Sobeys, Price Chopper and Garden Market banners, reported sales for the quarter up almost 7.7% to $2.61bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund