CANADA: Sobeys profits decline in tough environment
Canadian grocer Sobeys has booked a decline in profit for the first nine-months of the year, impacted by "competitive intensity", costs associated with the acquisition of Safeway's stores and a weaker Canadian dollar.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy